Pages

Everything Will be fine

Monday, November 14, 2011

Why I am me

I wanted to be another Chinua Achebe, living perfectly with my head high even when things fall aparts, so that I could become a man of the people.
I wanted to imitate the lines of Wole Soyinka so that one day,i could have a telephone conversation with my love, maybe telling her a story of a man that died.
I wanted to be known for my rhymes like Odia Ofeimum, or Osundare, maybe i could walk down the streets of uyo one day with people shouting my names.
I wanted to be Barack Obama, williams Shakespere, Nelson Mandela, So that pastor Goody Goody will one day do a song for me that i am a legend.
I wanted to be everything so that i could be celebrated as a man of your dreams.
Then I realise, if i'm not me, nobody would be me.. So I choose to be me that my children will remember my names even when things are no longer at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment