Pages

Everything Will be fine

Friday, November 4, 2011

Boko haram

They have bomb the pot,
that is what I heard,
and they are advancing towards our house,
that is what they say.

What is Boko Haram?
I paused to asked,
but they stared at my face as novices,
thinking i will be afraid of their smile.

The light was as dark as now,
the rain was all over the place,
people cried it in their pales, buckets and plate,
but i was waiting to know the meaning of Boko Haram.

"yesterday was Borno" a man hissed,
"today Abuja" added another,
"tommorow maybe here" i added, they all grumble starring at my innocent face.

I am not saying this to make you cry or smile,
but that is the freedom we all fought for, the war that claim so many heros,
the struggle for survival and a fight against underdevelopment and poverty.

Our government must learn to crawl even in sleep, not waiting for storms or strikes,
before they act to protect our hard earn DEMOCRACY.

No comments:

Post a Comment