Pages

Everything Will be fine

Monday, April 26, 2010

The dreams of yesterday

I don`t want your definition
I guess i can do it alone,
just yesterday you said one thing,
today you said another.

Maybe i was wrong after all
or it was just a dream, a shadow or a fantasy,
but there is just one thing i want you to know,
listen and listen carefully.

They used to called me an angel
not because of my beauty nor my style
but because of what i used to think,
any way that was yesterday.

They used to called me a failure
not because of my background or my colour
but they thought i would never make it,
yes that was yesterday.

They used to called me the reject
avoiding me as far as they can
as if i was the one who created myself
but that was yesterday.

They used to called me many things
but today a man of value i have become
putting smiles on their faces as i rise,
phenomenal in everything i do,
eloquence in the way i speak
and fearless in defending my dignity...

Copyright Abel Udoekene

No comments:

Post a Comment